Monday, June 22, 2009

The last straw!

Ok so Sammie is now seven months old. She is getting so cute and she is so much fun! I love her more than life itself. I have had to adjust to being a stay at home mom, but I am getting there. The one thing that I am still really struggling with is getting back into shape. It has been seven months and I still have a lot of baby weight to lose. So I tried walking and eating better but then I gained weight, so then I got discouraged, but I am just sick of being out of shape! I am done! So this is the last straw. I have decided that I need to make a change and get myself healthy again. So I thought what better time like right now! Today I being my quest to become more healthy! For my eating protion I decided to go with weight watchers. When I try to count calories or just eat healthy it just never works for me. I need structure. I need rules. So today I begin weight watchers. That is not enough though. I also need to start working out on a regular basis. That part will be more difficult, so if you have any advice or any super cool tricks that work for you please share! Also if anyone has any yummy low fat, low calorie meals, please share! I am not very good with diets so I will need your help. My problem is that I always start strong, but then after a few weeks I sort of fizzle out, so if you could check up on me and ask how I am doing that would be great. I always do better when I know that I will be held accountable! So here goes! Wish me luck!

8 comments:

Josh and Tiff Roundy said...

Hey Jess-
Good for you!!! I am thinking about joining too maybe in a week. I am a little nervous though because I have never done weight watchers before but I have a friend here that just signed up so I am thinking about doing it too. Good luck with it and I will try to remember to check up on you.
love ya!

Amy said...

Jess, I'm in. I just had my third, and I'm wanting to get the baby weight off. Maybe we should create a private blog where whoever wants to can report on a weekly basis. Or we can call each other to report. I do good when I know I have someone to report to. Your baby is such a cutie!

Katya, Bryan, Kaio and Yana Spuhler said...

Go Jess! You just wait until this baby is out and I can be your weight loss buddy! I find that is always easier to have someone to diet with, so if you'll take me, we'll do it! Also, could you e-mail me your new address? My e-mail address is kspuhler@hotmail.com. Thanks!

Lindsey said...

Way to go Jess! I guess when you come to visit, I will have to make sure you get your workout in. I have been going on bike rides and it's way more fun than walking or running. We can go together! I would do it with you, but well, I am gaining weight right now. Maybe after?

Diamonds said...

I offer free babysitting while you go work out for an hour or so...maybe with Von...because it's hard when you don't have a buddy with you. Danny has to drag me crying and whining out the door when we go to the gym, but when I'm there, it's fun. Still love you just the way you are though.

Beckie said...

Hooray for you!! Way to take Charge of your life! The worst thing for me is I get bored-- I get bored with my workouts-- My cousin told me of a fun one she watched on biggest loser-- its super fast -- and super intense-- but you don't get bored-- Take a deck of cards, give each suit a work out (i.e. hearts = crunches, spades = squats) any wya you get the point-- you take the deck - shuffle it-- and pick a card-- the number on the card indicates how many of what ever suit you picked-- face cards are 10 -- and aces are a rest (1 -2 minutes) you do a very quick high intensity workout and don't get bored-- cuz its constantly changing!! Good Luck!

Lara Zierke said...

I wish you luck. How is the progress? I think every body responds differently to different diets or regimens. I found that low carbs work well for me. As for exercise - I HATE it. But I like walking. So I use a pedometer every day and at the end of the day I'll write the steps on the calendar to see if I can do better than the day before. I shoot for 10,000 steps a day but rarely reach it. :) But it motivates me to go on walks and be more active around the house.

My mom and sister Stephanie have both had good results with Weight Watchers. Good luck. Keep us posted!

Chy said...

You ROCK Jess! I did Weight Watchers after Coop and I started walking then running and I got back down to the pre prego weight now I'm working on doing that again after Cade (yeah he is almost TWO!) Weight Watchers is awesome it's hard sometimes but SOOO worth it in the end it's healthey and gives you lots of options. Good Luck!!!