Monday, November 24, 2008

We love Grandma!







I am very lucky to have such a wonderful mother. She came and stayed for a week and was such a huge help. I don't know how any new mom could ever survive the first week without any help. So thanks so much mom! Not only do I have a great mom who was there for me, but I also have a wonderful husband who was there for me too. We had a great first week. Mom was a huge help. We took Samantha to her first doctor's appointment today and I am proud to report that she is back to her birth weight and then some! Plus the doctor said that she is just perfect. So Yeah! On a funny note, almost every time we change her diaper she will pee or poop while we are in the process of changing her diaper. Today for instance. I opened her diaper and left it there because she is known to go while in mid change and I reached for a wipe I look back and there is poop flying over the diaper and all over the changing table. I had no idea that poop could actually fly that far! I have hear of projectile vomitting, but not projectile poop! So I am definitly being broken into the mommy role real quick!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah. Poop, pee, vomit...it all flies. Now if you had had a boy, it would fly farther!:) I'm glad things are going so well. Mothers are so great to have around. After every child, I always think of how grateful I am to have my mom there to help. It seems like we'd be lost without them!

Jenn said...

ahahaha! flying poo jess!? gosh that sound rough! but she is still adorable as always! thanks for the comment... you are so sweet. i hope you have a great thanksgiving too... take lots of pics for samantha's first. i won't be seeing brady till next sunday :( so i'm having a hard time... but the good news is he's coming to my house for christmas and we're going to his parents for new years, so we'll be together the whole 2 weeks. wait... that could be bad haha!

Amy said...

Too funny Haylee used do the same thing and I could not believe poop could fly that far. Those pictures are so cute girls are so fun!

Lara said...

Isn't that the worst! Just when they are clean they will do that too, those adorable newborns, she is still cute as ever! Be sure to contact me when you are ready for me to design her annoucements! And I need to come see you soon!

Sarah said...

You're so cute! She looks like her daddy...his eyes anyway. Glad you're doing well :) Talk to you soon!

The Sommer Family said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you two! She really is beautiful and I love her name. So sorry you had to have a c-section, I have had 3 so far. Get as much sleep as you can, you deserve it!