Saturday, February 19, 2011

James Michael Higgs

Sammie loves to hold James. She is so cute with him. She gives him lots of hugs and kisses.
Right after he was born. I only got to see him for a minute, but he was so cute. Amazing how quickly your life changes forever.
Dr. Daddy. Von got all suited up to go into the O.R
James getting all cleaned up. He came out crying. He does not like to be naked. Even now whenever we change his diaper he gets so mad.
Welcome James! He was so mad that they pulled him out. It took them a while to get him calmed down. He was born at 7:53 am on Tuesday, February 15th. He was 8lbs 1 oz. and 19 1/2 inches long. This birth was much different than Sammie's. We got up around 4:20 am and got all dressed and headed out to the hospital. We walked back to labor and delivery and checked in. Then we spent two hours getting all prepped and ready. Poor Von spent two hours trying to get some sleep in a very uncomfortable rolley chair. Then they wheeled me into the O.R. and gave me a very painful shot in the back and my entire lover body went numb. Von watched the surgery this time. It was crazy this time around because I was wide awake and very aware of what was going on. With Sam I was so out of it from two days of labor that I did't really remember much. James was kinda stuck in there so it took them a while to get him out. Once he was out he started crying right away and he didn't spot until they had him all bundled and warm. He is such a sweet little guy. He is a good eater most of the time and he is so fun to snuggle. He is perfect. Ten fingers, ten toes. Cute little cheeks and a little button nose. He has dark hair and long, long fingers. He also has long arms and legs. He is such a little miracle. We love him so much and are so blessed to have him in our family.

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

Jessica he is so cute! I love Sammie, I picture Cade being the same way. I wish you lived closer so we could come meet the little man! Give him a hug for us! Hope YOU are doing good too!

Lara Zierke said...

Yo are amazing. So glad the c-section went well. I bet you are over the moon - he is so precious.

Amy said...

Congrats he is precious and looks like you.

Chy said...

Jess he is beautiful! I'm so glad it went well and I hope you are recovering good and fast. Love you guys!

Darin and Shannon said...

oh! he's so cute! congrats!

Beckie said...

Congrats Jess- he is soo precious!!

Alicia said...

Happy Birthday Jess! Hope it is a good one!

Cherie said...

What a sweet baby, he's so beautiful. Children are such a blessing.