Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Oh Jane Austen


So I don't know why, but I have been way into Jane Austen movies as of late. I have three different versions of Pride and Prejudice, which happens to be my favorite. I opted to watch the six hour Colin Firth version this time around. It is the most accurate version and Colin Firth makes an excellent Mr. Darcey. I am not really a fan of the girl that plays Jane, but that is ok. So I started my Jane Austen kick off by watching Pride and Prejudice. Then I watched Northanger Abby, Persuasion, and then Mansfield Park. I am planning on watching Emma and then Sense and Sensibility. That will conclude my marathon because if you are familiar with Jane Austen that is all of the books that she wrote! If you have not yet watched any of these movies or read any of her books then you are missing out. There is something wonderful about that time period. I love the clothes and the language. The women were elegant and the men were gentlemen. They attended parties and dances. The rode horses. All I have to say is if you are an Austen Virgin, you need to start with Pride and Prejudice and then watch Emma. Those two are my favorite! I love Jane Austen's work and I just wanted to share that love with all of you! Her books are perfectly wonderful!

2 comments:

Lara said...

I totally agree! I love Jane Austen! We need to get together sometime soon! Let me know what days work best for you!

Ryan and Krystal said...

I love this post! I love Pride and Prejudice (the movie). I have never read her books, but I am really inspired to now. What book do you recommend that I read first?